Easy to implement improvements

Any suggestions to make A3 Mania a better place is welcome.
CankerDude
Memora
Memora

Easy to implement improvements

Post by CankerDude »

I've been playing on this server for a few months and here are a few improvements that can be made to this server without breaking a sweat.

1. E-Shop
Improvement - Implement a payment gateway for the E-shop.
This is not rocket science and can easily be achieved. The current system requires players to send an email to [email protected] after which they'll receive the instructions to add funds via bank transfer to some account. Then again have to send an email after the transaction to notify the account name to which the money has to be credited.

This is a painfully cumbersome manner of executing a payment process. Payment gateways are not only simple to implement but they also have regular offers. PayTM for example, has plenty of avenues for players to save cash and get cash back while the server gets the promised amount. This encourages further spending for two reasons, one - the process is easier; two - players might get cash back depending on offers.

Since you guys already know how to code in PHP to execute DB queries, this is a very simple thing to implement. There will be no more back and forth of email conversations just to buy a simple object like Soul of Silbadu or Grace of Silbadu.

2. Exp quests
Improvement - Balance the quests out
In its current state, the quests are highly skewed in terms of difficulty. Why do I say this? Let's take a look at the numbers.

Obviously, archers have it the easiest. The total damage that they have to do is 8,82,500 which is absolutely nothing. They are hunting Level 120 monsters that too with soft armour and whose attack is a measly 600-950. This is why you can still find archers doing the EXP quest to get aura, because it is really fast. Some even hire mages to pan them and get exp quicker than GP.

Warriors and HKs have it slightly tougher since they have to do 3.8-to-5.6 times the damage and effort that archers do. Mages have it the worst, they have to do 5.5 mil damage and that too against Level 145 creeps who are as tough as bosses. And did I mention actual bosses roam these maps? Low RB players have to not only fight creeps but also run from bosses who can easily kill them. Obviously, things become easier the moment you hit 161, but that first level between 160-161 is still painful.

The imbalance due to this poorly thought out quest system is visible in the game. Archers still quest, while mages, HKs and warriors end up leeching in Grinita Park.
I suggest reducing the number of creeps that HKs, Warriors and Mages have to kill in order to complete the quest. If equal playing field has to be maintained then the following changes need to be made to the kill count of the respective quests.

Code: Select all

Archers - each creep - 55
Warriors - each creep type - 15
HKs - each creep type - 10
Mages - each creep type - 11
[/b]

With these changes each class will have to do 2 million HP damage per quest making it balanced. Or you can move archer quest to Parmurrcallear map and reduce kill count to 13-14. Let me know your thoughts. The game developers kept the quests same for each class so I fail to see the logic behind the EXP-quest having different unbalanced parameters.

3. Website
Improvement - General outlook
Since all official sites for the game have shut down, there are no more game guides available so you can either aggregate everything in one place like A3 Ultimate has done or re-upload old A3 India and Singapore guides since they were the only English servers.
Tomriddle
Ranias
Ranias

Re: Easy to implement improvements

Post by Tomriddle »

Exp quest writing was remarkable!
:ymdevil: "Only I Can Live Forever!!!" :ymdevil:
The Dark Lord