A few suggestions/complaints.

Any suggestions to make A3 Mania a better place is welcome.
Demented
Cynick
Cynick

A few suggestions/complaints.

Post by Demented »

Really not in the mood for an eloquent and persuasive introduction, so I'll cut to the crux of the matter. Our RB quests.

The Primary One (i.e, that boss killing one)

This quest is mostly easy as it stands. Meaning that all classes can "complete" it. But my problem is, why do mages have it SO easy ? Right now, when I log in, I see LOADS of mages, punctuated by a few hk's, warriors and archers. And looking at the Hall of Fame, I see that it is dominated by mages. The other rank holders are those who do the quests with mages. The Linsen quests pretty much made leveling mono-channeled, with VERY VERY few people leveling in c3. The plan goes like this. Leech in c3 till 100, quest till RB level.

This quest would take me a few hours to finish on my own, maybe more. Any decent mage can do it in less than half that time..

The Class-wise RB Quest

When this quest came out, I thought it was a fantastic idea. But it seems now that it has not changed much. We are still reliant on other people to help us RB. The archer quest takes about 20 - 30 mins. The warrior one takes 7 mins for an aura. I haven't as of yet tried the mage one, but knowing mages, I doubt it would take more than 30 mins. Then the HK one. OMG IT IS A PAIN!. Taking a minimum of 40 mins(if your lucky or you have a mage panning), it goes upto 1 and a half hours just to get 1m exp and a single letter. Thats all fine at low RB's, when only a few letters are needed.. But at Rb 9, that takes a lot of letters. And thats only a single class =\

I realize that once the server gets active, people MIGHT start selling letters to get other ones, but right now, the advantage goes to those who have multiple characters. (And loads and loads of time to play A3).

-------

What I am trying to achieve with this stupid long narrative is a change where each class has an equal chance of RB'ing on THEIR OWN... I hate relying on other people to do all the work for me, it just leaves a sour taste.

The previous change to the primary RB quest, i,e that it was made to lesser number of bosses simplified the quest greatly. But it made it a walkover for mages. I'm not saying that it was a bad change...just that it tipped the balance even further towards the latter.

08 RB 6+ Archers.
09 RB 6+ HK's.
07 RB 6+ Warriors.
37 RB 6+ Mages.

The figures speak for itself... there are more mages than the combined sum of archers, holy knights and warriors (RB 6+).

The whole argument winds down to this. Can we have a class-wise rebirth quest directly for Pineapple Tarts ? Let it be incredibly hard and what not, but such that it is equally hard for all the classes. I don't mind spending time questing. What pisses me off is that by the time I get one tart, mages might have gotten 2 - 4 of it.

Please PLEASE don't just close this topic saying that nothing will be changed, I put in a lot of effort and some constructive replies would be appreciated.

http://www.a3mania.com/amt/halloffame.htm

On another note, I have here a bunch of idea's which occurred during yet another insomniac period. Here they are.

1) Removing the reset at RB 15. Shouldn't there be some end to the game ? At which you can stop your focus on leveling and do other stuff such as questing, INTERACTING, Pk'ing, and stuff ? The reset ensures that a person can level on forever, getting more and more powerful, until at a point, a new player will stand NO chance of ever reaching that other person, unless he/she is willing to dedicate his/her life to A3. Let there be like, iunno, a quest for a g10 set piece at Rb 15 which can take aaaaaages and could be really hard. But there should be a limit, where other people can eventually catch up with you, and fight you on a basis of skill alone. Yes, the equipment advantage would be there, but all the time the RB 15 puts in should be rewarded..

2) Purely PK dedicated area's where people can PK for fun and not get parole. I don't mean the arena because once a match starts, it can't be stopped until one person looses or time runs out. What I mean is a map where people can teleport to, and just PK anyone on sight, no rules, nothing.

3) A map where you can hunt for EXP. Right now, leveling is done in 2 ways. Leveling at c3, and the linsen quest. But why not a map, average difficult monsters, which gives decently good exp ? The difficulty should be such that it would be impossible for lower levels to hunt efficiently, but should allow higher levels to level with less difficulty. And make the map full of archer monsters so mages would not be able to simply mob and SB the whole lot. And preferably no godmode potions and what-not there.

I'll add in more suggestions and/or complaints when I think of them. In the meantime, will you please read through the long and probably boring post and see if any of my suggestions have merit ?

Cheers =D
IGN : HellArcher
IGC : Archer (duh)
[GM]Scar
A3 Game Developer
A3 Game Developer

Re: A few suggestions/complaints.

Post by [GM]Scar »

Demented wrote: The Primary One (i.e, that boss killing one)

This quest is mostly easy as it stands. Meaning that all classes can "complete" it. But my problem is, why do mages have it SO easy ? Right now, when I log in, I see LOADS of mages, punctuated by a few hk's, warriors and archers. And looking at the Hall of Fame, I see that it is dominated by mages. The other rank holders are those who do the quests with mages. The Linsen quests pretty much made leveling mono-channeled, with VERY VERY few people leveling in c3. The plan goes like this. Leech in c3 till 100, quest till RB level.

This quest would take me a few hours to finish on my own, maybe more. Any decent mage can do it in less than half that time..
The Game is made like that.. Mages will have good progress. But, we are tying to balance the game as much as possible.
Demented wrote:The Class-wise RB Quest

When this quest came out, I thought it was a fantastic idea. But it seems now that it has not changed much. We are still reliant on other people to help us RB. The archer quest takes about 20 - 30 mins. The warrior one takes 7 mins for an aura. I haven't as of yet tried the mage one, but knowing mages, I doubt it would take more than 30 mins. Then the HK one. OMG IT IS A PAIN!. Taking a minimum of 40 mins(if your lucky or you have a mage panning), it goes upto 1 and a half hours just to get 1m exp and a single letter. Thats all fine at low RB's, when only a few letters are needed.. But at Rb 9, that takes a lot of letters. And thats only a single class =\

I realize that once the server gets active, people MIGHT start selling letters to get other ones, but right now, the advantage goes to those who have multiple characters. (And loads and loads of time to play A3).
Class Wise quest has other uses also. We have added the Items H A L O for RB 12+, so anyone who need to do RB12+, then need those items to complete their RB Item Crafting. Even though if you have multiple characters, you need RB 6+ to take the Class based Quest.
Demented wrote:What I am trying to achieve with this stupid long narrative is a change where each class has an equal chance of RB'ing on THEIR OWN... I hate relying on other people to do all the work for me, it just leaves a sour taste.

The previous change to the primary RB quest, i,e that it was made to lesser number of bosses simplified the quest greatly. But it made it a walkover for mages. I'm not saying that it was a bad change...just that it tipped the balance even further towards the latter.
As I already told you, All the Mages make a fast progress. Mages are made like that. You can even complain about an HK who is always healing, and doesn't cost him any Pots. We cannot do anything, because the game is made like that. Mages are built for fast progress and easy play. HKs are built for PvP, Archers are built for PK and Ranged Damage, Warrior are built for tanking.
Demented wrote:The whole argument winds down to this. Can we have a class-wise rebirth quest directly for Pineapple Tarts ? Let it be incredibly hard and what not, but such that it is equally hard for all the classes. I don't mind spending time questing. What pisses me off is that by the time I get one tart, mages might have gotten 2 - 4 of it.

It would have been better if we would have implemented it at the very start. If we implement it now, there will be many arguments from the people who have already completed the RBs, saying that they have got through the toughest path, and now it is made even more simple for no reason.

Demented wrote:1) Removing the reset at RB 15. Shouldn't there be some end to the game ? At which you can stop your focus on leveling and do other stuff such as questing, INTERACTING, Pk'ing, and stuff ? The reset ensures that a person can level on forever, getting more and more powerful, until at a point, a new player will stand NO chance of ever reaching that other person, unless he/she is willing to dedicate his/her life to A3. Let there be like, iunno, a quest for a g10 set piece at Rb 15 which can take aaaaaages and could be really hard. But there should be a limit, where other people can eventually catch up with you, and fight you on a basis of skill alone. Yes, the equipment advantage would be there, but all the time the RB 15 puts in should be rewarded..
We have a good plan ahead. We have just portrayed the Reset, so that people will have a clear idea about the RB system. We will be having rewards also for the Rebirths. We are tying to cover all aspects of the game in a equal manner without neglecting the game features. For instance, we have been trying to give importance to all the maps in A3, by adding Rebirth quests.
Demented wrote:2) Purely PK dedicated area's where people can PK for fun and not get parole. I don't mean the arena because once a match starts, it can't be stopped until one person looses or time runs out. What I mean is a map where people can teleport to, and just PK anyone on sight, no rules, nothing.
A Map specially for PK will be added soon.
Demented wrote:3) A map where you can hunt for EXP. Right now, leveling is done in 2 ways. Leveling at c3, and the linsen quest. But why not a map, average difficult monsters, which gives decently good exp ? The difficulty should be such that it would be impossible for lower levels to hunt efficiently, but should allow higher levels to level with less difficulty. And make the map full of archer monsters so mages would not be able to simply mob and SB the whole lot. And preferably no godmode potions and what-not there.
There are actually a lot of maps that you can try. People don't tend to go there. In Rebirth servers, leveling is always done in a Monophonic way. We cannot make leveling hard, as it will make the game booring. The only thing that can be challenging is the RB system. We have tried to find an importance to all maps, by adding quests and Combinations. It just so easy to get to 160 after a rebirth. It just takes a few hours. So it would be better to make the Rebirth harder. A game has to have Challenges after all! :D
Demented wrote:I'll add in more suggestions and/or complaints when I think of them. In the meantime, will you please read through the long and probably boring post and see if any of my suggestions have merit ?
That's fine! :D
Demented wrote:Cheers =D
:(
Regards,
[GM]Scar
A3 Mania Server Dev.
Numenor
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Numenor »

I like you. You suggest rather than demand.. :)
DONT PISS ME OFF. I get very mean and rude.
[GM]Scar
A3 Game Developer
A3 Game Developer

Post by [GM]Scar »

He has got a good Photoshop skill too :D
Regards,
[GM]Scar
A3 Mania Server Dev.
Demented
Cynick
Cynick

Post by Demented »

The Game is made like that.. Mages will have good progress. But, we are tying to balance the game as much as possible.
=(
Class Wise quest has other uses also. We have added the Items H A L O for RB 12+, so anyone who need to do RB12+, then need those items to complete their RB Item Crafting. Even though if you have multiple characters, you need RB 6+ to take the Class based Quest.
I didn't know that =P
As I already told you, All the Mages make a fast progress. Mages are made like that. You can even complain about an HK who is always healing, and doesn't cost him any Pots. We cannot do anything, because the game is made like that. Mages are built for fast progress and easy play. HKs are built for PvP, Archers are built for PK and Ranged Damage, Warrior are built for tanking.
I'm fine with those defense HK's who'r always healing because I know that they will suck in Monster vs Player as when compared to me (=D). But then, we CAN try get at it through the loopholes that come to be.
It would have been better if we would have implemented it at the very start. If we implement it now, there will be many arguments from the people who have already completed the RBs, saying that they have got through the toughest path, and now it is made even more simple for no reason.
Nuuuu. I don't mean to say that it should be made simple. Let it be like, really hard, but say, as hard as the current primary RB quest, but more suited for each class. Hunting bosses would require us to run around maps which frankly, is more suited for mages. Its probably just me, but warriors are SO fat, they seem to move slowly =X. So, what I'm saying is, what could it be such that its hard, but on an archer friendly map/monster. In teh same way, HK's can heal, they have BOR, so let them have a quest where the monsters do lots of damage. Consider this please.
A Map specially for PK will be added soon.
Awesome :D
We have a good plan ahead. We have just portrayed the Reset, so that people will have a clear idea about the RB system. We will be having rewards also for the Rebirths. We are tying to cover all aspects of the game in a equal manner without neglecting the game features. For instance, we have been trying to give importance to all the maps in A3, by adding Rebirth quests.
No but seriously, lets look at this objectively. Shouldn't there be a max level ? There has to be somewhere where we can stop leveling... New players will have no chance of competing with the people who joined earlier. I understand that its a pretty weak argument, but it does have some logic behind it. I, personally, wouldn't be exactly optimistic.
However, this is just from what I know of your future plan. I could be hugely wrong, but meh. There's a saying "A little knowledge is much more dangerous than a lot of knowledge" =P
There are actually a lot of maps that you can try. People don't tend to go there. In Rebirth servers, leveling is always done in a Monophonic way. We cannot make leveling hard, as it will make the game booring. The only thing that can be challenging is the RB system. We have tried to find an importance to all maps, by adding quests and Combinations. It just so easy to get to 160 after a rebirth. It just takes a few hours. So it would be better to make the Rebirth harder. A game has to have Challenges after all!
I'm saying this because I have no idea but, tell me a few maps please. I'm sick and tired of C3, Grnita Park and Syyave x_x. I tried Para, Spatokia, and a few more cloro maps with big names but the monsters there are not practical for leveling... High damage and high HP. I'm more or less fine with the way things are, just that its so damn hard for me to RB an archer and all the new mage friends that I make are beating me in a matter of days. I guess I'll just get on a mage and do the quest =X

Numenor wrote:I like you. You suggest rather than demand..
Scar wrote:He has got a good Photoshop skill too
You know, when I posted this, I expected a whole lot of things... but I swear, it wasn't compliments. Thanks xD
Demented
Cynick
Cynick

Post by Demented »

Sorry about the double post but...here's a random idea. A credit system =P

Say like, you get 1 or 2 credit points per class quest, and it should be recorded somewhere. AND! We should be able to use these credit points to buy stuff from the E-Shop. Because essentially, our unique "weapon" drop rate is next to 0. As far as I know, only one or two unique weapons have dropped so far. Thats pretty sad considering the server's been at it for 2 months. Another reason for this idea is that not all of us are able to donate. I know you guys need the cash to support the server but, should it be completely unfair against the non-donators ? We should have some chance of getting level 15 weapons. I don't care even if its exceptionally difficult (which it should be, to encourage donation), but there should be some possible way.

Or you could increase the drop rate of unique items and graces and souls and all those other things with which we will have SOME chance of fighting em cash paying peeps =P

I sincerely wish I could donate. However due to a variety of reasons, it is not possible. But I still enjoy playing on this server and, like the majority of other players on this server, are willing to do loads to help. Its not fun when some guy with cash can beat us in a jiffy. Yes, skill counts too but srsly...anyone with a dex uni, or a level 15 weapon simply cannot be beaten by skill alone. Unless they SUCK or have a LAGGY pc or are blind or something... <_<

I don't want the server flooded by unique drops...but shouldn't it drop atleast once in a while ? And its not because we don't boss enough. Given the amount of RB'ing characters, thats a lot of bosses. Alongside that, many people boss in Hatrel and Clororence. Kahyrons and Nanna's do drop. But IMHO, necklaces should be rarer than the weapons, and not vice versa. But weapons are not just rare. Uniq's not bought from the E-Shop are practically non-existent.

The popular assumption is that you guys have reduced the unique drop rate so that people buy from the E-Shop. Nao, I don't want to believe that, nor do a lot of other people. But its not exactly a good thing, since it would seem you guys are obsessed with money.

Anyway, peace~
laxman

Post by laxman »

HellArcher... brr... how do u have the patience to type so much :D
Demented
Cynick
Cynick

Post by Demented »

I have...loads and loads of time to waste =P

Chem exam tomorrow =(
laxman

Post by laxman »

lolz

go study :D
ANGELDEVIL
Temple Knight
Temple Knight

Post by ANGELDEVIL »

I find your arguments HellArcher very good indeed I have to analyze this game is that the system RB is a way different from other server to get out of the routine of WZ WZ = RB = RB applaud this as a moment but please discuss this GMs system-level cost in terms WZ leaves make a RB. In particular I can not enjoy the game or other maps for the sole reason that I must be doing an enormous amount of the tart quest to find the snow c my stocking I have no time to enjoy it when I get all the items the oldies and start all over again then we are practically falling into a circle, I want to say or do not understand that change that system but could bring it easier to lower the amount of items for the amount of rb tart.

I've been playing since he started the server and at the beginning I could enjoy it more now because they had time to make money and besides having to go hunting for items and WZ, then we should find a balance between them both with the previous system only exists as the current NEVI Canyon for people to make maps of WZ clorence RB can only get high and just as we should have killed another map as NEVI to hunt us many q stake here.

The oldies but Sytem is good there are more than 50 people doing the same quest I think that number with the number of boss is somewhat lopsided, there is another alternative as you described it is the quest of class but the quest gives you a letter and need 3 more you give the other characters.

They focused on making the server much different than the others but this concentration causes the players can not fully enjoy the server because they have no time.

It was said that the new system to reduce what he was going to PK friends have grown a lot but now much lower rb are doing PK all they can.
This is a simple marking believe we should consider very very good.
Good day thank you very much.
netdemon
Cullijpayhern
Cullijpayhern

Post by netdemon »

[GM]Scar wrote: We have a good plan ahead. We have just portrayed the Reset, so that people will have a clear idea about the RB system. We will be having rewards also for the Rebirths. We are tying to cover all aspects of the game in a equal manner without neglecting the game features. For instance, we have been trying to give importance to all the maps in A3, by adding Rebirth quests.
Could you please announce well in advance which RB will have rewards and what will be the reward?
I think it works like a carrot in front for most people :mrgreen:
IGN: Netdemona
IGK: Maniacs
IGC: Archer
Bauer
Arr Khallhiash
Arr Khallhiash

Post by Bauer »

I hate the letter O so much.....
IGN: Bauer
IGC: Warrior
IGT: Temoz
IGKH: Genocide
Apple
Moulek
Moulek

Post by Apple »

None of the Hk's who make letters are not willing to give them up in exchange for 1 letter. [ Few HK's do class quests ]

As of now , We have most of the HK's being RB 5 and below... hence they do not require letters for tarts yet. Hopefully It'll just fall into place.. X_X
A3 Mania : | IGN : Knight | Town : Temoz | KnightHood : Anarchy | ------
Demented
Cynick
Cynick

Post by Demented »

I hope we can get an official response lol. ArcAngel's post makes so much sense. We spend a majority of our ingame time either 1) Hunting snowmen, 2) Leveling, i.e questing, 3) Doing the tart quest. All those epi 4 and 5 maps, no one ever tries it, because they'd then be left behind in the race for the highest level. SQ's...very few people. I don't even help people level anymore, because I'm doing one among the previous ones.

IF IF, there is a reset, then it would just get worse, since the leveling thing could go on forever. As Arc said, right now there's an average of 30 - 50 people doing the quest. When the server becomes more popular, its going to compound into 100's of people looking for the same boss.

These are just opinions of me and people I know. We are ready to be proven wrong, because that would be good for the server. It just seems so endless now, RB > RB > RB > Reset and all over again.

BTW, I'm not saying that the RB quest should be made easier. Its actually fine by me. I'm just wildly against the reset. And the fact taht unique weapons just refuse to drop.
Bauer
Arr Khallhiash
Arr Khallhiash

Post by Bauer »

i agree with the fact that there should be a max level, or in the long run, new players who join will be at a serious disadvantage and may actually dissuade them from playing this server and inviting friends.
IGN: Bauer
IGC: Warrior
IGT: Temoz
IGKH: Genocide