RB System Change....

Any suggestions to make A3 Mania a better place is welcome.
BloodLusT
Memora
Memora

RB System Change....

Post by BloodLusT »

GMs,

I think that the RB system in the server needs a big change... Till RB 5 we have to pay wz to RB... Then for RB 6... We need to kill bosses... And that quest is to be done twice... Thats fine too... 4 times for RB 7 and 8 times for RB 8... But the problem arises after then... 16 times... Its a pretty big number... And considering the current spawn rate... Its too time consuming and boring... So what I suggest is... Change the RB system after RB 8... And make the quest such that one class does not have an advantage over the other... Or... Make 4 quests... Each for different class... Mages have to kill higher number of creeps were as warriors have to kill comparatively low number but the creep HP is more... HKs have to kill creeps wid more damage and so on.... Just a suggestion... Why dont we all put up our views... As in how would you want to have the RB system to be... Think and suggest here... But please... Be logical... Dont write things that are impossible or senseless in applying....
[GM]Scar
A3 Game Developer
A3 Game Developer

Re: RB System Change....

Post by [GM]Scar »

BloodLusT wrote:GMs,
And considering the current spawn rate...
What is your estimation on the current spawn rate?
BloodLusT wrote:GMs,
Its too time consuming and boring...
Level Up - RB - Level Up - RB - Level Up - RB - Level Up - RB - Level Up - RB - Level Up - RB - Level Up - RB - Level Up - RB - Level Up - RB - Level Up - RB - Level Up - RB. Doesn't this sound boring? LOL.. Its indeed boring!

Hunting bosses will give you drops and sometimes you get Uniques from Hatrel bosses. The RB Quest Kill requirements have been made, keeping in mind the total number of bosses present in that map. There are only 2 bosses in R4. Hence you need only 2 Di-Phamieno Kills.

I can assure you that instead of the Traditional Boss Kill - Item Get method, the currently designed method is better because you don't need to keep hunting bosses for something that you may or may not get faster. At least in this method you have a successful chance of crafting your RB items. Please note that you can hunt Snowman for RB 6 Items . i.e Snow (C) and Stocking (M).
Regards,
[GM]Scar
A3 Mania Server Dev.
Numenor
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Numenor »

As explained by Scar.. the current system is better. We both thought a lot about it before implementing it. We dont want a3 mania to be only leveling-rbing-leveling-rbing. We want people to roam around all over the maps and participate for a better game experience. The gaming should not be concentrated to 2-3 maps. It should involve the entire A3 world.

Btw.. RB 12 and above.. you might have to hunt clor bosses and creeps for the RB item. We have not added it as no one is near to the RB. It will be added too.

Feel free to ask more questions or clarifications.
DONT PISS ME OFF. I get very mean and rude.
BloodLusT
Memora
Memora

Post by BloodLusT »

Ya... But considering the rate at which the server is getting new members.... It will be difficult soon.... Hatrel Bosses is not a problem... The problem is Beta map bosses... I mean... In 1-2 weeks many ppl will reach RB 6 and then there wont be enuf bosses left to hunt... Thats why i am asking you to either change the quest or decrease the spawn rate....
IndianKiller
Dark Memora
Dark Memora

Post by IndianKiller »

change the quest a bit,itz easier for mages not for warriors...however unitl rb6 itz ok but wat @ rb7 we gotta do the quest 4 times then .... again incresed....dont u think it will bore the player doing same quest over n over again :?
Demented
Cynick
Cynick

Post by Demented »

Numenor wrote:As explained by Scar.. the current system is better. We both thought a lot about it before implementing it. We dont want a3 mania to be only leveling-rbing-leveling-rbing. We want people to roam around all over the maps and participate for a better game experience. The gaming should not be concentrated to 2-3 maps. It should involve the entire A3 world.

Btw.. RB 12 and above.. you might have to hunt clor bosses and creeps for the RB item. We have not added it as no one is near to the RB. It will be added too.

Feel free to ask more questions or clarifications.
Thats fine. Then why is it that the quest is leaning to teh advantage of mages to such an extent that it could execute a 180 ? Mages Sed > SB > Kill = Fast. The rest of us classes have to walk. Do you realize how painful that is ? I don't fancy walking around c3 killing those stupid worms. I know a total of 20 odd people who feel the same way. And that too, upto 240 times at RB 8 or 9 ...
Scar wrote:The RB Quest Kill requirements have been made, keeping in mind the total number of bosses present in that map. There are only 2 bosses in R4. Hence you need only 2 Di-Phamieno Kills.
Thats nice. There are only two Di-Phamienoe's in R4. But how many people want to kill it ? Later on, the higher RB people are going to simply kill or ks the boss off lower RB's because 1) They can and 2) They need it too..
Scar wrote:Level Up - RB - Level Up - RB - Level Up - RB - Level Up - RB - Level Up - RB - Level Up - RB - Level Up - RB - Level Up - RB - Level Up - RB - Level Up - RB - Level Up - RB. Doesn't this sound boring? LOL.. Its indeed boring!
How does this sound = Level up to 150 - Quest A > Quest B > Quest A > Quest B > Quest A > Quest B > Quest A > Quest B and so on and forth. Here Quest A being the simple bosses and Quest B being the Hatrel ones.

Our issues are mainly this :

1) The idea is not practical in the sense that its like a temporary measure which wont stand the test of time (cheesy, I know).

2) It is imbalanced as such that the mages have a clear advantage in completing the quest as when compared to the other classes.

3) Monotonous repeating = Boring. Atleast make it somewhat difficult and not just a time killing routine..

And btw, that Snowman is a pain in the backside to kill, and the chances of dropping an RB item is (as it looks from a players point of view) pathetic.
IGN : HellArcher
IGC : Archer (duh)
Numenor
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Numenor »

Changes made. No further changes please.
DONT PISS ME OFF. I get very mean and rude.
Apple
Moulek
Moulek

Post by Apple »

Yay!
A3 Mania : | IGN : Knight | Town : Temoz | KnightHood : Anarchy | ------
WolfenTrib
Memora
Memora

Post by WolfenTrib »

ya u can do this different classes get different quest that way it will be unique and challenging too for the respective class and as rb increase implement different quest for each rb so the high lvl wont ks boosses from low lvls and it isnt boring as rb quest a quest b ..... its just a suggestion and also the rb items the present rb system is gud (after i read GM) reply but do increase it by 100 points make it 400 so v get a chance to hunt for rb items and kill bosses ..................................atleast v have a fair chance to hunt :}
Rabellu
Foman
Foman

Post by Rabellu »

@WolfenTrib
for ur kind information the four quests for different classes have already been implemented.
For furthur details please refer to the post "A3 mania rebirth system" in News/Announcement/Notices section.

Cheers,
Nightmare
Ign:- Nightmare
Igc:- Warrior

Active on Forums only not ingame.
I want my status to be Rabellu not this KnowledgeBase :(
WolfenTrib
Memora
Memora

Post by WolfenTrib »

nightmare i meant the rb quest that quest a and quest b not the letter quest
spiritguard
Es Yahgon
Es Yahgon

Post by spiritguard »

Demented Wrote:
Thats fine. Then why is it that the quest is leaning to teh advantage of mages to such an extent that it could execute a 180 ? Mages Sed > SB > Kill = Fast. The rest of us classes have to walk. Do you realize how painful that is ? I don't fancy walking around c3 killing those stupid worms. I know a total of 20 odd people who feel the same way. And that too, upto 240 times at RB 8 or 9 ...
Plz dont comment on sed... its a skill of mages and its how the game is made.....In any server u take mages are the ones who dominate in bossing....
Demented Wrote:
Thats nice. There are only two Di-Phamienoe's in R4. But how many people want to kill it ? Later on, the higher RB people are going to simply kill or ks the boss off lower RB's because 1) They can and 2) They need it too..
If this is the case than i wil say that the spwan rate is very high(about 10 mins per boss)....So i think there is no need to KS a boss....

And btw other classes custom q are more easy than a mage one...(like mages take 20-30 mins to do a letter q.. where as a Archer can do 2-3 Letter quest in that time....)
IGN:Spiritguard
IGKH:DeathPenalty
IGC:Mage
Demented
Cynick
Cynick

Post by Demented »

Dude..I made that post TWO MONTHS BACK.. That was before the class wise quest was implemented. And I am NOT complaining about Sed, damnit. I "was" saying that the quest should not be so mage friendly. I don't get why this is so hard to understand...

Spawn rate was increased recently. Please, for gawds sake, check the post date before replying <_<
IGN : HellArcher
IGC : Archer (duh)
Bauer
Arr Khallhiash
Arr Khallhiash

Post by Bauer »

wow such an old thread. this should be locked. doesnt serve a purpose anymore.
IGN: Bauer
IGC: Warrior
IGT: Temoz
IGKH: Genocide
[GM]Scar
A3 Game Developer
A3 Game Developer

Post by [GM]Scar »

Topic Locked!
Regards,
[GM]Scar