Tips on How To Avoid Getting Scammed

No Non-Game related topics here.
Rainbow
Dark Memora
Dark Memora

Tips on How To Avoid Getting Scammed

Post by Rainbow »

Hi Maniacs,

lots of people got scammed in mania by characters who used similar looking names or by tricking the people to put up things in shop (4 billion shop).

Well, these low life scums wont mend their ways, so why don't we try these few precautions?

1) If any unknown player or a player in a newbie char wants to check out your g 10's or Unique stuffs saying "put it in shop"...DONT DO THAT...they can buy your stuffs, even if you put a 4 Billion Shop.
The only exception here is, if you already have around 1 billion in your inventory, then this trick wont work.

2) Many are getting scammed, when a genuine deal is on, by character who mimic the names of the players involved in the deal. For Ex. yesterday I was leveling up the stuffs of a player. A scammer by the name of Rainibow, dealt the player asking for the Grashat. He was quick to notice the name difference and pmed me about it.

The best way to avoid such scam is a 2 way communication, involving just 2 steps:

a) Check the name of the players involved in deal. DONT BE LAX. Check properly.
b) ALWAYS whisper the player involved in the deal, before finally pushing "trade" button, and ask him "Whether he is getting the stuffs or no."

3) Never talk about the deals in public chat. Make it a private chat. Even then don't forget Step 2. That is always to be done while dealing.

Regards
Rainbow
sachin512
Temple Knight
Temple Knight

Re: Tips on How To Avoid Getting Scammed

Post by sachin512 »

I totally agreed dude. Carry on and give some more tips to newbies.
pritam7
Memora
Memora

Post by pritam7 »

nice idea rainbow same thing happened to me when I was transferring stuffs to my noob I'd kingdote *which the scanner obv dint know was sitting besides me in cafe * NY ways I came up with an alternative option the person who's giving stuffs should keep his deal opt off so he only has to give the stuffs to the person he wishes that way we would have ample amnt of time to verify the persons ign wat say
pritam7
Memora
Memora

Post by pritam7 »

and yes another point the char that tried to scam me was knigdote instead of kingdote so basically the scammers use special letters like i ,l or alphabetic alterations . we ourselves can build such altered chars and keep them in an I'd so when a scammer tries to take this names they won't be available hence he woudant be able to make a noob char on time even if he succeds our deal would be long done :)