Server Maintenance Feb Second and Third Week.

Numenor
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Server Maintenance Feb Second and Third Week.

Post by Numenor »

Maintenance for updates are going on.

It will take time. Expect it to be up by tomorrow afternoon-evening if no unexpected issues come during testing. Depends when our feature testing and load balancing testing is over. Might be longer, u never know. I will keep you updated in this thread. No time frame till now.

Good Night.

A3 Mania GM Team.
DONT PISS ME OFF. I get very mean and rude.
Numenor
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Server Maintenance 8th Feb-9th Feb

Post by Numenor »

Testing Still going on.

We found some major bugs in the new town and its operational updates and maps and we are fixing it. Will take time. NO TIME FRAME YET.

So have patience.
Numenor
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Server Maintenance Feb Second Week.

Post by Numenor »

Work is still on as there are problems in the new codes. Need to fix it before launching. Problems with stats in new town is coming.

Have patience. These things usually take time. :)
Numenor
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Server Maintenance Feb Second Week.

Post by Numenor »

Sorry but more delays coming your ways. The testing for the new town is going unsuccessful and we are hitting a brick wall everytime. Sometimes screwed char stats, sometimes system overload, sometimes memory leak, sometimes the thol kill counts not working, sometimes portals not opening to Proxima, etc etc. This major update is not as easy as we thought. Anyways we are not giving up on this and we thought rather than making you all wait, we will turn on the server so that you can play on. (if people remember, the same happened with the TOD and 562 client updates. :P)

So we planned to test the new town and updates on our test server before adding it to the live server. We will turn on the server back with the old configuration.

Also unfortunately, we have to roll back a lot of updates and changes to put the server back to old config.. so we will not be able to do it tonight on time.

Expect the server to be up tomorrow (catch phrase : if we choose to skip the updates as given above).

And stop that worthless rumors of Server closing. That pisses me off compared to anything else. I don't want to hear it again.
Numenor
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Server Maintenance Feb Second and Third Week.

Post by Numenor »

We decided on pushing the update through rather than without the updates. We decided that as we did not want to put the server down for another week or more in future when we decide to push updates. Better to wait longer rather than waiting another week in the future. At least we have the rhythm now to keep finding problems and fixing it on live server.

News:
All major bugs and problems fixed. Tested to work.
Few Issues remain.
1. Disabling Merc in proxima. Yes they wont be allowed ( WHY???? You will know the reason when the updates are released :) Dont ask before that)
2. Dying in Proxima maps ports a player to Temoz or Quanato. This has to be changed to port the player to the new town.
3. Adding and configuring shops and items in NPCs and healers in Proxima.
4. Adding Client Patch.
5. Adding a separate teleporter NPC in Old World which will port you to Proxima maps.
6. Adding Uni sets to the New town and maps.

Lets see when we will be able to finish these off. Weekdays start so we might be busy in jobs and work. We will try our best.

Thanks for patience in advance.

PS: The Mania server is live. Login server is down. Only GMs can login for testing. So dont try to keep logging in and waste your time. :) A3 India is running from the same server and it is going fine. Do some timepass there in the meanwhile. Create new chars there and pass time till we finish up mania updates.

PS 2: For all you impatient people, if you remember we took similar time while adding 562 client and the TOD. Updates take time it is not like copy paste of files from one place to another. CODES has to be written and tested and modified.. so have patience.

A3 Mania GM Team.
Numenor
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Server Maintenance Feb Second and Third Week.

Post by Numenor »

Server is up.
New town is added.
Checkout and let us know ANY bug you find out so that we can fix it.

BTW the teleporter to the new town is in some map. You have to find the map yourself. We will not give any hints. Roam around and find.

Figure out everything urself. :)