Today, we have launched an improved version of Banbot in today's maintenance update. The following changes have been introduced.
Banbot -> Character Functionality
- Banbot now uses Machine learning to predict abuses and issue Chat bans and Account Bans.
- Chat Bans will result in a total disabling of the outgoing chat from an account including PM messages.
- Account Bans will prevent you from logging into your account temporarily and you can check the status of your ban release in the Account Control Panel
- If you place a character on your ban/mute list using Banbot, the muted character will no longer be able to send you PM messages (5K) also.
- You can no longer see shop descriptions for muted players.
- If you have muted a player through banbot, the ban will only be applicable for 30 days from the date of banning.
Banbot now uses Naive Bayes classifier algorithm to detect abuses based on historic chat data that have been flagged as abuses. Banbot will consider all chats for potential abuse detection. The ban condition/criteria is decided by the following formula.
Ban weightage = Sample Strength (Probability of abusive chat) + (Number of Reports X Rebirth of Reporter) + Rebirth of Character + Activity of Character.
This means, if you place the character on Banbot, there will be higher probability of successful detection. Due to load concerns, we don't process all the chats in realtime. We aggregate chats and process them in a deferred manner whenever ample server resources are available for the task. Hence it may take sometime before a ban is applicable on the player for any communication abuses.
We are still actively developing the system. We would appreciate any kind of feedback.