New updates are unlike A3 servers

Got a problem or a question after you login to the game client?
forever
Dark Saint
Dark Saint

Re: New updates are unlike A3 servers

Post by forever »

Tomriddle~
I have never seen an asshole like you. Really. Brother, first login into game and then see whats going on. Just for the sake of higher number of posts by your account don't spam every post that you see.
RamDevBaba
Big Karterian
Big Karterian

Post by RamDevBaba »

forever wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:54 pm Tomriddle~
I have never seen an asshole like you. Really. Brother, first login into game and then see whats going on. Just for the sake of higher number of posts by your account don't spam every post that you see.
I agree, this Tomandjerry Poops in every post he sees =))
I am a yoga guru known for my work in ayurveda, business, politics and agriculture. I founded the Patanjali Group of Institutions and has shown interest in political issues.
IGN: [GGM]RamBabaDev
Tomriddle
Ranias
Ranias

Post by Tomriddle »

Forum are for expressing one's opinion... isn't so?

I don't think I have said something offensive....

If thats the case ....... I have nothing more to say in this post....
:ymdevil: "Only I Can Live Forever!!!" :ymdevil:
The Dark Lord
forever
Dark Saint
Dark Saint

Post by forever »

Why this post? If you are not active in-game then why express opinions on what's going on in the server.....? Its not about offending, its about speaking to the point and leaving. You keep spamming every topic, even though you are offline most of the time.
Tomriddle
Ranias
Ranias

Post by Tomriddle »

I guess you are PS .... right?

Leave it... enjoy :-bd
:ymdevil: "Only I Can Live Forever!!!" :ymdevil:
The Dark Lord
[GM]Blade
A3 Mania Administrator
A3 Mania Administrator

Re: Gameplay Updates?

Post by [GM]Blade »

forever wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:00 amMany of my friends at ping lower than 30ms used to rock in Arena 2. Now even they cant do a shit! This is the thing that pissed me off. People with lower ping and good gameplay used to ''rule'' any war. But now they cant just because of your foolish decision on putting potting limits to HP and MP.
So as per your definition, gameplay is all about potting fast and spamming skills? That's foolish to begin with.

An average person can press a key 4 times in a second. That's about 250 milliseconds for each keypress. So even if you have 30millisecond network latency or 250 millisecond network latency, it won't really matter. Network latency is only important if you are able to keypress once every millisecond. In that case, if you have a network latency of 30ms, you can pot approximately (1000ms/30ms=) 33 times every second, which is clearly a hack. Moreover with such a fast potting, you are placing the servers under intense load.

Latency should never be the deciding factor since it's never under someone's control. With the cooldown and rate limiting updates, the latency factor is almost negligible now, giving everyone a fair chance.
[GM]Blade
A3 Mania GameMaster
forever
Dark Saint
Dark Saint

Post by forever »

Arena 2 was mostly never about gameplay. Most wars in arena 2 were ND based where people just had to pot ''properly'' in order to survive. That's it. Gameplay of any character is visible in PvP matches and maps like Grnita Park, where war tests each aspect of every character. I don't know whether you are aware of it or not, but latency is most deciding factor of any war or pvp, even if it is not someone's control. Your initiative of Cooldowns and rate limiting updates only helps those who face bad latency due to network issue or distance from server, that too to a little extent otherwise even ''they'' face problems. And most of the time it is the server that lags.
Perfectstorm
Big Karterian
Big Karterian

Post by Perfectstorm »

Tomriddle wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:52 pm I guess you are PS .... right?

Leave it... enjoy :-bd
idhar time waste karne se badiya kuch dhang ka karle btw thats not me :)) :))
[GM]Blade
A3 Mania Administrator
A3 Mania Administrator

Post by [GM]Blade »

forever wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:18 pmI don't know whether you are aware of it or not, but latency is most deciding factor of any war or pvp,
Read my message carefully. I explained the scenario in which latency is the most deciding factor and it's clearly a hack. Network latency will become an issue only when you are potting or spamming skills so fast that your network is the only remaining factor which slows it down. This is definitely NOT normal. So if you are potting 4 times a second, it doesn't matter if you are having 1ms network latency or 200ms network latency.
[GM]Blade
A3 Mania GameMaster
forever
Dark Saint
Dark Saint

Post by forever »

Most people press F1 + 1 , try for yourself how many times can you pot :D
And this was fine when potting limits did not matter, now they matter a lot :)
[GM]Blade
A3 Mania Administrator
A3 Mania Administrator

Post by [GM]Blade »

forever wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:35 pm Most people press F1 + 1 , try for yourself how many times can you pot :D
How many times? 33 times a second? That's the number based on your less than 30ms network latency. That's impossible.
[GM]Blade
A3 Mania GameMaster
forever
Dark Saint
Dark Saint

Post by forever »

Read my message carefully. I did not say 33 times a second! And I know that is impossible.
[GM]Blade
A3 Mania Administrator
A3 Mania Administrator

Post by [GM]Blade »

forever wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:41 pm Read my message carefully. I did not say 33 times a second! And I know that is impossible.
Then how do you justify this?
forever wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:00 am Many of my friends at ping lower than 30ms used to rock in Arena 2.
Even if you pot 10 times a second, you will still be fine with 100ms latency. That's the worst case. Take into account server load, your pc performance, DirectX Input latency, keyboard type and network jitter. It will take more than 100ms for a single pot for sure. In that case how does your "30ms or less for awesome potting" argument stand true if there is no foul play involved?
[GM]Blade
A3 Mania GameMaster
forever
Dark Saint
Dark Saint

Post by forever »

No foul play involved. Only one question: Can any character ''now'' tank other people like before, even if all the conditions like latency are kept the same?
[GM]Blade
A3 Mania Administrator
A3 Mania Administrator

Post by [GM]Blade »

Not with your 30ms logic. The update was to curb that in the first place. If you are able to tank someone without any foul play involved, then you can do the same now also.
[GM]Blade
A3 Mania GameMaster