@GMS: Inventory Display in ACP!

Got a problem or a question after you login to the game client?
Goldenarrows
Demeratone
Demeratone

@GMS: Inventory Display in ACP!

Post by Goldenarrows »

Dear GMs,

there is lots of nitpicking going on in mania that some people have or are using 150 level ess, someone has high ele weapons, someone using bugs, SGs, etc etc.

I would like to suggest some updates, as in Ultimate and in many modern Mobile and PC games.

1) There should be an open inventory viewing system, wherein a player can check (from a page on website) what "items" any player in the server is having or using, at that very instant! This will help in curbing all such allegations!

2) If it is not possible to display all the Inventory (items in Player's Inventory and Storage) then, only the display of the items in the Player's Inventory can be made!

3) If it is possible, let a player be flagged as using any third party software like SG, Potter, etc.

There can be an argument made that this will give rise to scamming and such incidents! But this can also reduce the baseless allegations and will act as a deterrent who spoil the game using such cheating methods!

Regards
Goldenarrows
Who's Next To Join My List? :-?
मन करे सो प्राण दे, जो मन करे सो प्राण ले, वही तो एक सर्वशक्तिमान है!
Barbarian
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: @GMS: Inventory Display in ACP!

Post by Barbarian »

Topic cleaned. As the original poster stated, this topic was directed towards the GMs. Please keep it civil and organized and refrain from discussing off-topic subjects.

Moved to Ingame Issues/Questions to GM.
Tomriddle
Ranias
Ranias

Post by Tomriddle »

@GA

As far as point no. 3 is concerned, there is a system by which GM can autodetect SG. Are you refering thats Not working?
:ymdevil: "Only I Can Live Forever!!!" :ymdevil:
The Dark Lord
Juscallmeargo
Nifgha
Nifgha

Post by Juscallmeargo »

Goldenarrows wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:28 pm Dear GMs,

there is lots of nitpicking going on in mania that some people have or are using 150 level ess, someone has high ele weapons, someone using bugs, SGs, etc etc.

I would like to suggest some updates, as in Ultimate and in many modern Mobile and PC games.

1) There should be an open inventory viewing system, wherein a player can check (from a page on website) what "items" any player in the server is having or using, at that very instant! This will help in curbing all such allegations!

2) If it is not possible to display all the Inventory (items in Player's Inventory and Storage) then, only the display of the items in the Player's Inventory can be made!

3) If it is possible, let a player be flagged as using any third party software like SG, Potter, etc.

There can be an argument made that this will give rise to scamming and such incidents! But this can also reduce the baseless allegations and will act as a deterrent who spoil the game using such cheating methods!

Regards
Goldenarrows
nice suggestion.
by this everything will be opened in front of every player.
by this no one can use bugged stuff and items. :-bd
Argonian
Hyperstorm
Draugr
Vipermage
Shehzaadi
€Lƒør¢£
[GM]Blade
A3 Mania Administrator
A3 Mania Administrator

Post by [GM]Blade »

Goldenarrows wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:28 pm 1) There should be an open inventory viewing system, wherein a player can check (from a page on website) what "items" any player in the server is having or using, at that very instant! This will help in curbing all such allegations!

1. & 2. -> There is not really a need for such system to address an apparently small problem. Any allegations made of such kind will prove to be a credibility issue for the game. Furthermore, developing such system for a large server is often problematic since it will require a lot of effort on developing a Game to Website interface that would also require a lot of infrastructure changes. We generally keep the Websites separate from the game and implementing such a feature will require bridging up the website with game which is not always a good idea in security point of view. Most of the time, these kind of implementations will lead to server hacks due to website vulnerabilities as they have happened in the past with others.

3. We already have a system in place to address this.
[GM]Blade
A3 Mania GameMaster
Goldenarrows
Demeratone
Demeratone

Post by Goldenarrows »

[GM]Blade wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:05 pm 1. & 2. -> There is not really a need for such system to address an apparently small problem. Any allegations made of such kind will prove to be a credibility issue for the game. Furthermore, developing such system for a large server is often problematic since it will require a lot of effort on developing a Game to Website interface that would also require a lot of infrastructure changes. We generally keep the Websites separate from the game and implementing such a feature will require bridging up the website with game which is not always a good idea in security point of view. Most of the time, these kind of implementations will lead to server hacks due to website vulnerabilities as they have happened in the past with others.

3. We already have a system in place to address this.
1 & 2 -> I understand the concerns of the GM, BUT I can suggest you a better and more secure in-game solution to it, if you will consider!

We can use the PvP Alert button to display the Player's Inventory in-game! No need to tell that this option is accessible when we press Alt+Left Click on any char, along with the other options like Trade, Whisper, etc etc. That PvP Alert Button is not being used now! It can be renamed!

You can use the current "Inventory Module" and just populate the inventory data of the player into it!

It won't consume additional resource or will require major infrastructure changes!

This is not a credibility issue but it will cement the credibility of the server as the players will think that everything is out there in the open for all to check it!

3) You may be right that the current system may detect some of the SGs, but there have been a few instances where the server failed to detect such programs! Everyone in T & Q knows this but they won't speak out openly!

Please look into it!

Regards
Goldenarrows
barbarch
Temple Knight
Temple Knight

Post by barbarch »

Good Questions GoldenArrows.
First of all what makes you think that the items may be bugged or might be altered with codes ?
Secondly If a characters items and his chars stats get exposed Don't you think that the in game char becomes more vulnerable ?

Since my game-play exp. I find that more then the items used by the characters, its the balance of character bulit first which makes it different from other characters.
Agreed that the items such as weapons shues and armors etc.. etc...assure an good icing on the top. But somehow if revealed loosen up Fun.

Apart from regular Barkers in Game like Madame, Ramarcher, also me and you too and many others abuse biblically publicly Thinking that this game is run by you guys alone.
Where the hell did you forget rules then.

Goldenarchers you are an stupid faggot.
Remember this is a game not reality. If you want new rules and features. Follow existing well first.

Regards
Goldenarrows
Demeratone
Demeratone

Post by Goldenarrows »

@Barbararch didn't knew that there was a new GM appointed aka Barbararch =)) to take care of the questions and answers directed towards the GM.
barbarch
Temple Knight
Temple Knight

Post by barbarch »

First of All learn to atleast copy paste an name properly
Its barbarch. Not the shit what you typed.
A person who cannot look and retype words prooves what kind off Faggot He his

I guess you must rename yourself as GoldenFaggot. I have seen faggots in my time you seem to be a special one.

Whom ever you have addressed your shitty ideas does not mean I m "hired" or "representative" . I m expressing my point of view.
Last but not the least you are a Faggot.
Goldenarrows
Demeratone
Demeratone

Post by Goldenarrows »

=)) =)) @Barbararch ROFL I never intended the name to be so, but it turned out that it best describes you =)) =))
You should have kept a better name :))