Class Beginners Guide (Quite Useful)

Here's where you can look out for some of the guides.
maximus
Ranias
Ranias

Class Beginners Guide (Quite Useful)

Post by maximus »

Identifying your game:

As I always advise new players, never play because of what others say or which ever class dominates this game, every class has its own special unique way of exploring this game, to fully push the potential of this class requires a similar play style that would give it the cutting edge against other classes.

I would highly recommend all players to play through out the low lvl maps as there is a lot to explore. By following parties as a booster not only takes the fun out of exploring, it also makes you unaware of a lot of techniques you can actually pick up during low lvl trainings not to mention your spell scrolls. Area spell skill lvl requirements are included so u can further decide on the path u wish to take..!

Classes are divided to:

Mages - first area spell : around lvl 20+ -30 (Ice Fog / Fire Field)

Holy Knight - first area spell : around lvl 50-51 (Necten)

Archers - first area spell : around lvl 73 (Arrow storm)

Warrior - first area spell : around lvl 80-81 (Freeze)

Holy knight (HK)

Divided to 2 types = STR (Mace weapon) type or DEX (Sword weapon type) Refer to website for a look at how the different sets look like. Sometimes one can play a certain class just for its looks.

Mace adds more STR to hold the equipments and thus in the process able to give a higher damage then DEX which adds more dex to gain higher defense. This is the surface difference between the 2 classes. As for in depth detailing, Holy knight doesnt deal much damage. But their high lvl defensive spells can really make a big difference as players find it hard to inflict high damages on the HKs.

When it comes to war, HKs can handle quite an intensive load of damage by enemies due to its high defensive spells, its heal spell also provides additional hp and also its razbadge spell also locks enemy and prevents them from fleeing. But generally, due to low dmg they give out, holy knights are more to a supportive class in war.

Mages

One of the easiest class to train, given the ability to master area spells at low lvls, they can lvl up very fast during the low lvl period. Mages also are divided into 2 category and a few other subcategories. For mages first 2 basic category are: (INT) Elemental and(DEX) Non-Elemental

As usual, INT mages add in more INT thus hve higher attacking magic power but lack of Dex makes their defense rather weak. Dex mages are just the reverse, adding more dex for defense and less int thus result in weaker damage when compared to INT mages.

Mages in nature compared to 3 other classes have very weak defense.Thus a lot of players devised ways to help cover this loop hole and sub-breed of mages were created. Generally the main ones are:

Syncro Mage (SM) - Making full use of the opt characteristics of each mage type (INT/DEX) Example: DEX boots (High Critical Hit %). INT Pants (Higher Evasion %). Syncro mages basically spread their stats accordingly and try to wear the best out of each type of gears. Mix gears some may call it.

Syncro Blood Mage (SBM) - Same characteristic of gear choices as SM. But after desired Rebirth , remaining stats are pumped into HP.

Blood Mage (BM) - Normal Gears. Once u reach desired grade, you pump remaining stats into Vitality (HP)

Remaining types are just Full Grade Mages (FGM) - Meaning they go for maximum grade inorder to obtain maximum Attack and Defense power though their gears.

2 major weakness of mages:

After Cast Reaction.(ACR)

Compared to other classes like archers, mages casting a spell takes quite a bit of time before it can perform the next action thus its ACR is kinda slow.

Directional Movement Reaction (DMR)

Which is also slow as well, all this I tested with newbie archers and mages, mages once walk into cynick is direct K:O (Knock out, bye bye,free trip to town, u get wat I mean).. for archers using a certain technique, walking into a cynick will still allow it to move out thus archers DMR is much faster then mages .

In War mages play a leading role instead. No doubt their main area spell strip blast gives a very high damage, however its quite useless in arenas which have Friendly Fire mode ON. Thus mages must learn to utilize their spells well and be able to use spells like Sed and Pan to control the party or knighthoods reinforcements,clearance from danger, regrouping and so on, can be kinda stressful if you want to be a good one, so consider before picking this class even though it is easiest to train. Mages are quite dependant on other classes not to say the least although they are quite popular and wanted in many parties.

Warriors

Warriors do not have high defensive spells like holy knights,however, they focus more on brutal force, thus their spells are more for increasing their attack power but it usually comes with a set back of HP reduction. Warriors are divided to 3 category - Spear, Sword and Axe. Each category adds different type of stats between str and dex.

Spear - most well balance in terms of defense and attacking power. So nothing unique

Sword - stresses on defense and thus reducing its attacking power.

Axe - stresses more on Attacking and in the process sacrifices defense.

Different type of weapons enables you to perform certain types of spells.
In war however, warriors are fully charged to the front line in an attempt to chase after or engage in first hand melee combat, thus some say they are in war to waste the hp and mp pots of the enemy. So depending on your play style, all I can say is warriors are a class that is hard to train for low lvls.

Archers

The so called stealth slayers ... killing from range. Archers have very fast ACR and DMR so its a very independent class. But its really hard to obtain the spells for archers as compared to other classes due to the fact that archer spell scrolls are always on higher lvl maps then their ability at that point of time.

Archers are divided to a few types:

Generally its (DEX) Bow and Cross bow (STR) archers. Bow as focusing on dex will have higher defense but lower attacking power, crossbow focus on str will lead to higher damage compared to bow archers but on the expense of giving up defense. Normal arrow shooting speed may differ as bow archers seem slightly faster then crossbow archers. But when it comes to casting spells, both class has the same speed from what we notice so far.Damage given when using bow can be quite constant but for cross bow even though higher damage may be slightly inconsistent at times.

There are also Syncro archers and Blood archers just like mage.

Archers in war play quite an offensive role whereby they are free scale attacking.

Above basically rounds up the weakness and pros of each class as a general guide which you might now have an impression of how they will be like when you progress through out this game. Now perhaps you would have based on the above be able to see which class actually falls into a similar blood line of your style. So if you have identified it, Go for it!

Cheers~!
Maximus
IGN : Oblivion
KH : ƒerocious

IGC : Mage Redyan

\m/ \m/
Save Earth...Itz The Only Planet Wid Gurllzz !!
deadraizer
Ranias
Ranias

Re: Class Beginners Guide (Quite Useful)

Post by deadraizer »

many sections here wud differ a lot fr a rb server
IGN : Deadraizer
IGC : HK

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Djrullz
Kellownerr
Kellownerr

Post by Djrullz »

Ty.... obli for this detail..... :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE:

keep u the good work.... u Rawk... \m/ \m/
I.G.N : Djrullz
I.G.L : RB12 165... :D
I.G.T : Temozian
maximus
Ranias
Ranias

Post by maximus »

i know dead...i just gave all the knowledge i knew..n ive refrained from addin on many other thngs which dont stand for a rb server...but most of the stuff ive written is applicable on a rb server as well.. !!

abe kabhi toh kadar karle meri :( .. !!

@Dj...thnx bro...thnk me n gimme repo points :) !!
Last edited by maximus on Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

\m/ \m/
brisingr90
Skicaboreck
Skicaboreck

Post by brisingr90 »

Nice Work Obli :D
ImageImageClick on 'em plzzz...

IGN : Constantine
IGC : Mage
IGL : Rb11 162
maximus
Ranias
Ranias

Post by maximus »

ty yaar ..its nice to see a ty for me :) !!

\m/ \m/
deadraizer
Ranias
Ranias

Post by deadraizer »

kadar krta hu yaar, ur wrk is nyc yaar, jst told tht a few pts r nt quite gud acc to rb server
IGN : Deadraizer
IGC : HK

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
maximus
Ranias
Ranias

Post by maximus »

yea i know..ty ty :) !!

\m/ \m/
Djrullz
Kellownerr
Kellownerr

Post by Djrullz »

Obli..... given u a Reputation point.... :D :D
I.G.N : Djrullz
I.G.L : RB12 165... :D
I.G.T : Temozian
maximus
Ranias
Ranias

Post by maximus »

thnx alot again bro :) !!

\m/ \m/
Orbit
Olgoc
Olgoc

Post by Orbit »

nice work obli :ymapplause: :ymapplause: ....sala asking all for Reputation point :D
IGN :Bravo
IGC :Warrior
maximus
Ranias
Ranias

Post by maximus »

:)...yea....thnx for appreciatin my wrk :) !

\m/ \m/