I've seen a lot of people posting on the forum without following basic etiquette and felt it was high time someone made a thread about guidelines to correct posting. Here are a few things that in my humble opinion would go a long way towards making the forums a better place...
Kindly dont Flame Me or make fun of it...but this is wat i feel is the right thng to do...
1) Have patience. Good things come to those who wait. Remember that everyone here is human and have lives outside the game, so don't get annoyed if you don't get a reply immediately on posting.
WRONG WAY: GM GM GM pleazzzz help meeee.
1Hr later: GM sir where are you? Still no reply!!!
10 Mins later: Zzzzz GM so lazy no reply still what u doing ah???!?!
RIGHT WAY: GM I have a problem...(description of problem). Could you please look into it asap.
If there's still no response after 3-4 days, send a PM to the concerned GM to draw his attention to the post and then wait.
2) Talk logically. Being human we have the ability to reason and communicate. If you feel that there's something wrong, try and help the other person understand why you feel that way. For example, let's say that you were just standing around when some newbies were pkd and you got banned for pk.
WRONG WAY: GM noob why you banned me??? WHAT I DO?!?!?! Blind ah?
RIGHT WAY: GM, I was only standing by the side while others were PKing, so unfortunately, I was also in the screen shot.(<-Logical explanation) You could confirm with the person who was pkd that I didn't do anything. Could you please look into the matter and release my character as I am innocent?
3) If you did something bad, accept it. Be a man. Admit that you were wrong and move on. Making pointless accusations and swearing at people just shows how childish you are.
WRONG WAY: HAHAHAHAHA GM noobs can't stop me. You all are ***************(some bad words.)
RIGHT WAY: I admit that what I did was wrong. It won't happen again. Now, I'll show you that I can still be one of the top players without resorting to any unfair means!
4) Be courteous. No one likes being ordered around. Learn to say please and thank you.
WRONG WAY: GM do....(something)... RIGHT NOW!
RIGHT WAY: GM could you please...(something)... Thanks.
5) Try not to use foul language. There are quite a few kids on the forums. It's highly inappropriate to use abusive words or obscene language where they may be seen by young people. How would you feel if your brother, sister, son or daughter came up to you and asked, "What does **** mean? Someone said it to me on the a3 forum."
I hope that what I've said above helps in some small way to make the forums a cleaner and happier place. And, when all is said and done, remember that it's just a game and don't get too upset by whatever happens.