Signature Request Thread

Want to share any cool, funny, nice images? You can post it here.
shree
Dark Olgoc
Dark Olgoc

Re: Signature Request Thread

Post by shree »

Guide to make a Signature !!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gonna explain the way it needs to be done and how to do it.
Softwares used.
1. Photoshop Cs3
2. C4D a.k.a Cinema 4D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:: Guide ::

Ending result should be something like this.
Tried to make it as simple as I could. Post in your doubts here. and I shall try to reply to them. but I think experimenting wid different utils in photoshop may turn out the result to be better than mine :)
--------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------
4 steps at a time.. so it goes slow and easy wid u guys.
shree
Dark Olgoc
Dark Olgoc

Post by shree »

Putting it in a step by step guide.. easy to understand and hope it works for u guys :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.> Start a new project setting the size to 400×150 and filling the background with black.

2.> Now add your render picture, for this tutorial I used a really straight forward captain america render which I sourced from planetrenders

Code: Select all

http://planetrenders.net/renders/index.php
(simply head over there and search for captain america).

3.> Next we’ll need to cleanse the render. Since I only want Captain America to be the focal point of this signature we’ll smudge optimus prime out with the smudge tool. Once you smudge out what you don’t need follow up by sharpening the image by going to Filter › Sharpen › Sharpen. The end result is below.

4.>For the next layer add a fire or flame render, I used flames that I cropped off of an old Iron Man render but you can use whatever you want. You’ll need to set the layer type to screen and then erase around the focal area so that Captain America is visible, see below.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Image[/color]
shree
Dark Olgoc
Dark Olgoc

Post by shree »

5.>
Now we’re going to play with some gradient maps. First off make a new layer and then go to Image › Apply Image. Remember this apply image setup because we will be using it a couple more times over the next steps. Set your background and foreground colors like below and then go to Image › Adjustment › Gradient Map and hit ok.

6.>
Next set the layer settings to multiply and an opacity of 50%. It should start looking like the image below.

7.>
Ok so now we’re going to do all of the above again on a new apply image layer but with a different color.

8.>
Set to multiply and an opacity of 40%

shree
Dark Olgoc
Dark Olgoc

Post by shree »

9.>
And one more time with black and white, setting the layer to lighten and an opacity of 30%

10.>
Now we’re going to add the C4D which is the meat of this signature. I generally encourage users to not follow my tutorials exactly as it helps you create something unique, so for this example you’ll have to find your own C4D. In general they’re available all over the net but good places to begin your search include deviantart and planetrenders.
Once you find a suitable C4D you’ll have to drag it around until you find a position that suits the flow of your signature. Once you’re happy erase any parts of the C4D that happen to overlay the focal point of your image and you’re done. Just make sure you spend some time experimenting with where the C4D looks best. (Check the images below if you’re not sure what I’m talking about). Oh and for this example it’s best to use c4d’s that are set on a transparent background rather than the ones on black backgrounds.

11.>
Added some more C4D, this time moving it behind the last layers since I felt it would fit better there. I followed this up by blurring it with the blue tool giving it a sense of depth.

12.>
Then add more if there is any open space left, in this case the bottom right side was empty.
Last edited by shree on Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
shree
Dark Olgoc
Dark Olgoc

Post by shree »

13.>
Now like step 5 we’re going to add another gradient map but with yet another combination of colors. Set the layer to soft light and an opacity of 50%.

14.>
Next we’re going to mess with the color balance and curves, so Image › Apply Image to a new Layer and go to Image › Adjustments › Color Balance. Mess with it until you get the right color flow. I used the settings below which allowed the color blue to prevail over all others. Feel free to use my settings or even better, experiment with something different.

15.>
Then with the same layer lets adjust the curves by going into Image › Adjustments › Curves. My settings are below.

16.>
Now to create depth we would usually sharpen, blur and burn the image but in this example we don’t need to sharpen as we already have a very crisp focal. So all we really need to do is blur and burn. Use your own judgement when doing this but for blurring I simply focus on elements that are behind or further away from your focal whilst for burning I focus on the areas where extra shadowing is needed.
Last edited by shree on Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shree
Dark Olgoc
Dark Olgoc

Post by shree »

17.>
Now we’re going to add some lighting and for this I’m going to change things up from my original signature since I got some good CnC after posting this sig in a showoff section at layeredGFX. So we’re going to create a new layer and add a light source in 2 different spots using a soft 200-300px white brush. See the image below for what I’m talking about.

18.>
Duplicate this layer and set the bottom layer to overlay

19.>
Then to the top layer set it to normal and an opacity of 65%.

20.>
Here is the original you can see the difference between the two and how the light source above looks much more realistic.
shree
Dark Olgoc
Dark Olgoc

Post by shree »

21.>
Next we’ll add a border for which all I did was make a new layer and then using the rectangle tool make a black box on the right hand side. I then duplicated this layer and moved it over to the left. This gave the signature the thick black edges on either side. I then did an apply image on a new layer and added a black 1px inside stroke to complete the border.

22.>
When I created this sig I was going through a phase where I would love to clip mask my text to blend the overall sig together. So I’ll quickly explain how I achieved that.

First off apply image to a new layer and then duplicate it 4-5 times and hide all. These will be what we use for our clipping masks and I duplicate one for each word so “Out Of Time” plus the rectangle box.
Then make a new layer and with the rectangle tool make a small rectangle where the text is going to rest on. Find a good spot and fill with any color you want. Now with one of those duplicated layers unhide it and move to the right above the rectangle layer.

Next right click on the layer in the layer window and select Create Clipping Mask moving it around to wherever suits your needs. I then added scanlines for added effects.

23.>
Then add text and do the same thing as above with grabbing and unhiding the duplicated layer and put this layer above the text layer and then right clicking and selecting Create Clipping Mask moving it around.

24.>
Then do it again for “Out” and again for “Of” and you’re done!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
shree
Dark Olgoc
Dark Olgoc

Post by shree »

In this tutorial you learnt about adding gradient maps, clipping masks and the application of c4d’s to your images. These are techniques that can be applied to any image/render/signature combination so try your best to come up with something new.

In fact anyone who follows this tutorial and comes out with the exact same image is achieving nothing, so guys use a different render, try different colors and just plain old experiment, because you never know what you might uncover.

:yahoo: :yahoo:

Gn guys !!
gonna make sm siggys tomorrow.
Last edited by shree on Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shree
Dark Olgoc
Dark Olgoc

Post by shree »

Posting a few siggi's here.. ask for the one u like and I shall add ur name there.
1.> Image

2.> Image

3.> Image

4.> Image

I guess the 2nd siggy suits Hackers avatar.. but it ur choice
Last edited by shree on Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shree
Dark Olgoc
Dark Olgoc

Post by shree »

5.> Image
I think this siggy suits u djrullz .. wat do u think ?

A request to u guys.. If u liked my posts or the signatures rep me plz :)
shree
Dark Olgoc
Dark Olgoc

Post by shree »

Did Demented quit the game or the forums ?
shree
Dark Olgoc
Dark Olgoc

Post by shree »

posting 2 more images here..
see which one u guys like and I shall add ya name in it :)

deadraizer
Ranias
Ranias

Post by deadraizer »

nice siggys shree, especially d last 1 n d 4th 1. Cud I get either of those?
IGN : Deadraizer
IGC : HK

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
hackerr
Yahgon
Yahgon

Post by hackerr »

@Shree

What i say now No word to explain but u ROCKSS!!!!!!!

thank u for u r Guide i will try as soon as i Download Photoshop Cs3 C4D a.k.a Cinema 4D

i was requested u last time that i want some DINCHAk sing of Final fantasy

plz make one for me
IGN: Blackcecil & Mrvirus

http://www.youtube.com/user/prichalalla
:yahoo:
viperboy
Khastol
Khastol

Post by viperboy »

:-?
Last edited by viperboy on Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IGN - Modsoul, Romulas
M0D I$ Ur G0D !!
Messenger Of Death
Legends Live Forever