For GMs: Adding some excitement to the Game

Any suggestions to make A3 Mania a better place is welcome.
Tomriddle
Ranias
Ranias

Re: For GMs: Adding some excitement to the Game

Post by Tomriddle »

@Scar

If possible, Please add sidhe arena in next update.
:ymdevil: "Only I Can Live Forever!!!" :ymdevil:
The Dark Lord
Dumbeldore
Temple Knight
Temple Knight

Post by Dumbeldore »

Can we have an Anniversary auction as we had in the past. It was not conducted last year. RNs, GOS, SOUL, LVL 15 G10 weapon, G9.5 lvl 15 uniq weapon. G box, J box, etc
I am not the best, but I am not like the rest.
IGN - Dumbeldore.
Dumbeldore
Temple Knight
Temple Knight

Post by Dumbeldore »

Are we doing anything to lure more players to the game. I had mentioned in one of my old posts. To get the email address of all old players in the date base and send them an welcome back invite. Or do some kind of adverts to get more new players involved in the game. With more new players coming into the game, the in-game economy will change which would be an exciting prospect.
It would be great if you could add Jewel of Harmony and Reconciliation to the drop list for at least cloro bosses. Which would encourage people to boss in cloro maps. If you at all decide to do so dont make it rarest of the rarest drop. Let the boss drop it not so regular basis.
IGN - Dumbeldore.
Gigantic
Olgoc
Olgoc

Post by Gigantic »

Dumbeldore wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:40 pm
It would be great if you could add Jewel of Harmony and Reconciliation to the drop list for at least cloro bosses. Which would encourage people to boss in cloro maps. If you at all decide to do so dont make it rarest of the rarest drop. Let the boss drop it not so regular basis.
Jewel of Harmony and Jewel of Reconciliation are to be designed like premium crafting items which according to me should not be dropped from bosses.

But as per the current situation, acquiring it in game through events and making a weapon level 15 would take an amount of years together to gather them.

If Jewel of Reconciliation and Jewel of Harmony could be added in the Premium shop (Yarrmo and Kaduru), it would be great as people can buy them using Mark of Rubal. If Jewel of Reconciliation cost is 2 Marks and Jewel of Harmony cost is 5 Marks, I'm pretty sure the game economy would balanced.

Please consider my suggestions @GM. Thank you
IGN: Hemime [RB 11 165], Airborne [RB 11 165], Thalaivar [RB 11 165], Tamizhi [RB 11 160]
IGT: Temoz
Main Account in Forum : Airborne
Goldenarrows
Demeratone
Demeratone

Post by Goldenarrows »

Hi GMs,

1 more suggestion.

1) Separate Chat Channel for Lost Realm & Nevia Wars:

It becomes quiet tedious for players who are not in Alliance or KH or are in different alliance to communicate with other players of the same town during these events.
It would be better if there was a separate Chat Channel (just like Alliance Chat, for ex.) for Lost Realm & Nevia Canyon so that same town people can communicate easily. This may result in better gameplay, strategy, competition and fun!
These channels should be available or can be used or can be active only within the respective event maps only!

Regards
Goldenarrows
Who's Next To Join My List? :-?
मन करे सो प्राण दे, जो मन करे सो प्राण ले, वही तो एक सर्वशक्तिमान है!
[GM]Scar
A3 Game Developer
A3 Game Developer

Post by [GM]Scar »

Dumbeldore wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:25 am Can we have an Anniversary auction as we had in the past. It was not conducted last year. RNs, GOS, SOUL, LVL 15 G10 weapon, G9.5 lvl 15 uniq weapon. G box, J box, etc
Done.
Goldenarrows wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:43 pm 1) Separate Chat Channel for Lost Realm & Nevia Wars:
We will see if we can repurpose the Country chat for this purpose.
Regards,
[GM]Scar
A3 Mania Server Dev.
Dumbeldore
Temple Knight
Temple Knight

Post by Dumbeldore »

Gigantic wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:41 am Jewel of Harmony and Jewel of Reconciliation are to be designed like premium crafting items which according to me should not be dropped from bosses.

But as per the current situation, acquiring it in game through events and making a weapon level 15 would take an amount of years together to gather them.
I don't care they reintroduce them as long as they do and they are getable. The notion of it dropping by Cloro bosses was because Cloro bosses are much tougher (time-consuming) than H boss. Getting GAS or 1 or 2 drops doesn't make it worth bossing there. But if there is a chance of these items dropping at acceptable intervals would encourage you to explore the entire game instead of being H and Proxima-centric.
Between getting lvl 15 is not like lvl 10. You might waste 50 + of these Jewels getting there. Where one would realize purchasing for Eshop is a more viable option.

Last but not least GMs should introduce a way to obtain RTS in-game other than Questing. As Majority of people playing are A5. Questing will take ages to make 1 box of each. There was a time when it was relevant to say Quest these gems out. But now that is no longer relevant. So an alternate way of acquiring them should be available.
IGN - Dumbeldore.
Goldenarrows
Demeratone
Demeratone

Post by Goldenarrows »

Hi GM's,

another suggestion:

1) Sudden Death During Artifact Event:

Since last few Artifact Events the normal game pattern from Q side is like... for the first 20 - 30 minutes wait for T to come in by deliberately loosing the artifacts and passing time on the walls chatting and making fun.
During this time 1 or 2 T mages come and fly here and there capturing back the Artifacts deliberately 'abandoned' by Q. Then after the above given time some 'New T Members' keen to participate in the event gather by and make a party and participate, although randomly.
AND the event goes on till Q is fed up and decides to end it.

I suggest the introduction of Sudden Death situation randomly, say after a stipulated time after the beginning of the event.
It should be such that whichever town holds the most Artifacts during the sudden death wins. The Sudden Death time should be less than the captured artifact countdown time.
To make this even interesting, if possible, there should be a Sudden Death Artifact Capture Event in which 'a particular artifact' needs to be captured and hold for 1 minute. The artificat can be shown as a blink on map or as X.
Both of these Sudden Deaths Scenario can go together randomly!?

This will create more fun and competition and many a times who knows what result it may give as many times it has happened that many Q's were afk and T had captured all the artifacts with the captured countdown coming as close to 30 seconds.

Hope the GMs will see the fun and competition involved in the suggestion.

Regards
Goldenarrows
Gigantic
Olgoc
Olgoc

Post by Gigantic »

Goldenarrows wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:56 am Hi GM's,

another suggestion:

Since last few Artifact Events the normal game pattern from Q side is like... for the first 20 - 30 minutes wait for T to come in by deliberately loosing the artifacts and passing time on the walls chatting and making fun.
During this time 1 or 2 T mages come and fly here and there capturing back the Artifacts deliberately 'abandoned' by Q. Then after the above given time some 'New T Members' keen to participate in the event gather by and make a party and participate, although randomly.

I suggest the introduction of Sudden Death situation randomly, say after a stipulated time after the beginning of the event.
It should be such that whichever town holds the most Artifacts during the sudden death wins. The Sudden Death time should be less than the captured artifact countdown time.
To make this even interesting, if possible, there should be a Sudden Death Artifact Capture Event in which 'a particular artifact' needs to be captured and hold for 1 minute. The artificat can be shown as a blink on map or as X.

This will create more fun and competition and many a times who knows what result it may give as many times it has happened that many Q's were afk and T had captured all the artifacts with the captured countdown coming as close to 30 seconds.

Regards
Goldenarrows
I understood your post in this manner. I am making your post more clear to everyone now.

1. First 30 minutes of Artifact war: (Artifact War Part-I)

If a town captures all the artifacts and holds all of them for 2 minutes, then the particular town wins the war.

2. After the first 30 minutes: (Artifact War Part-II)

If a town captures an artifact and holds it for 1 minute then the artifact is blocked by the particular town.
Whichever town blocks the highest number of artifacts win the war.

3. When both towns block 2 artifacts each:

One more round should be conducted as mentioned in the 2nd point. This process has to continue till a particular town blocks
the highest number of artifacts.
IGN: Hemime [RB 11 165], Airborne [RB 11 165], Thalaivar [RB 11 165], Tamizhi [RB 11 160]
Goldenarrows
Demeratone
Demeratone

Post by Goldenarrows »

Goldenarrows wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:56 am Hi GM's,

another suggestion:

To make this even interesting, if possible, there should be a Sudden Death Artifact Capture Event in which 'a particular artifact' needs to be captured and hold for 1 minute. The artifact can be shown as a blink on map or as X.

Regards
Goldenarrows
Even more simplified version :p

1) Artifact Event proceeds normally for 30 minutes.

2) If not over in 30 minutes then Sudden Death Event timer starts, for say 1 or 2 minutes. Whichever town captures and holds the most artifact during this Sudden Death Event Wins!

3) If both town have captured and hold equal artifacts the event proceeds normally and at a "sudden moment" one of the artifact becomes the "prized one", which means "Sudden Death Artifact Capture Event" for say 1 or 2 mins. Whichever town holds this artifact for a given time wins the entire Artifact Event!

This Obelisk can be announced by a System Shout, and identifiable by Blink or 'X' on map/min map or some random colour Obelisk to distinguish it from other Obelisks or artifacts!

In this way the event will be over within an hour and will make it more fun and competitive!

Regards
Goldenarrows
Dumbeldore
Temple Knight
Temple Knight

Post by Dumbeldore »

Since we already know Sky Garden Maps are no longer going to be added to the server. Basing this on the fact that in one of their earlier posts Scar had mentioned no point in adding more maps and increasing the burden on the server just to get more olgas. I wish I could link those words but I don't remember the name of that topic.
Hence would like to know if there are any plans to implement 63 ele sets, G10 Uniqs 255 ESS.
Logging in and seeing the same things, again and again, is getting boring and monotonous.
Back in 2009 - 2010 we had a good glimpse of Sky garden maps on this server. Bossing Rebulla and all.
Since then the major and notable addition to the game has been 140 Ess and Uniq sets. The basis of saying notable and major to only these 2 things are due to the fact that they are applicable for all people playing this game i.e. people who like war, questing, bossing, being AFk in town or SR.

I know that there have been several such posts earlier. Since it is linked to the topic putting forth my 2 cents on this.
IGN - Dumbeldore.
Gigantic
Olgoc
Olgoc

Post by Gigantic »

Dumbeldore wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:41 pm
would like to know if there are any plans to implement 63 ele sets, G10 Uniqs 255 ESS.
63 Element Sets, 255 Ess and G10 Uniques?? :-ss ....This would make a person an ultimate god whoever is having those items.....If these items are added to the server....gameplay and economy of the server would get degraded drastically. Many servers tried to implement these at one point and failed. According to my knowledge, as of now no server supplies 63 Element Sets to players.
Dumbeldore wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:41 pm Since we already know Sky Garden Maps are no longer going to be added to the server. Basing this on the fact that in one of their earlier posts Scar had mentioned no point in adding more maps and increasing the burden on the server just to get more olgas.
Back in 2009 - 2010 we had a good glimpse of Sky garden maps on this server. Bossing Rebulla and all.
2. Maps
There are only 3 episode 5 Maps H1 H2 H3....That too only from 7-8, 8-9, 9-10 PM. We have people in this server playing from different time zones and everyone don't get to play during the given timings. If any new unique episode 5 bossing maps (Similar to what you have mentioned i.e Sky Garden) with different boss spawn timings compared to Hamutz bossing (and with similar drops of Hamutz bosses) can be added, then people from different time zones can get access to them and there will be more fun. People in server are only H bossing, going SR or doing PVP in arena or "AFK" in town. Same group of players go for Hamutz bossing everyday due to time limitations (and of course many other reasons too..).

GM's had already mentioned about the 13th Anniversary Membership Exclusive maps. Let's see if any new maps are implemented there.
[GM]Scar
A3 Game Developer
A3 Game Developer

Post by [GM]Scar »

Goldenarrows wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:15 am Even more simplified version :p

1) Artifact Event proceeds normally for 30 minutes.

2) If not over in 30 minutes then Sudden Death Event timer starts, for say 1 or 2 minutes. Whichever town captures and holds the most artifact during this Sudden Death Event Wins!

3) If both town have captured and hold equal artifacts the event proceeds normally and at a "sudden moment" one of the artifact becomes the "prized one", which means "Sudden Death Artifact Capture Event" for say 1 or 2 mins. Whichever town holds this artifact for a given time wins the entire Artifact Event!

This Obelisk can be announced by a System Shout, and identifiable by Blink or 'X' on map/min map or some random colour Obelisk to distinguish it from other Obelisks or artifacts!

In this way the event will be over within an hour and will make it more fun and competitive!

Regards
Goldenarrows
Sounds interesting however this will need more refinement. Come up with alternatives so that we can work this out. It should be easier for players to comprehend and also should be beneficial for solo play (unlike nevia which suffers from town balance issues). We intend to plan this event in such a way that the number of players will not really matter and it's all about strategy.
Dumbeldore wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:41 pm Since we already know Sky Garden Maps are no longer going to be added to the server. Basing this on the fact that in one of their earlier posts Scar had mentioned no point in adding more maps and increasing the burden on the server just to get more olgas.
This is totally untrue. We have removed the maps because they provided no utility when compared to other maps. Hence we planned to launch them at a later stage and make the bosses in the maps drop items based on new implementations in the game. Most importantly, since we had implemented Proxima 1x system, we had to take the maps offline to rework them according to 1x configurations. It's not an issue with server load or anything as such.
Gigantic wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:55 am 2. Maps
There are only 3 episode 5 Maps H1 H2 H3....That too only from 7-8, 8-9, 9-10 PM. We have people in this server playing from different time zones and everyone don't get to play during the given timings. If any new unique episode 5 bossing maps (Similar to what you have mentioned i.e Sky Garden) with different boss spawn timings compared to Hamutz bossing (and with similar drops of Hamutz bosses) can be added, then people from different time zones can get access to them and there will be more fun. People in server are only H bossing, going SR or doing PVP in arena or "AFK" in town. Same group of players go for Hamutz bossing everyday due to time limitations (and of course many other reasons too..).
We are currently considering a system that will randomly open Hamutz bossing maps instead of fixed timings similar to Forge of Egonihl. We will implement this for few weeks and see how it goes. Our future implementations for Real Tower bossing will be heavily dependent on the Hamutz bossing (probably a special item that drops from the boss that will help you gain access to higher bossing maps) and hence we want to make Hamutz bossing accessible to be everyone. We will either make it random open time or keep fixed timing and allow special bossing for people who subscribe for Mania+
Regards,
[GM]Scar
A3 Mania Server Dev.
Dumbeldore
Temple Knight
Temple Knight

Post by Dumbeldore »

[GM]Scar wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:13 am
This is totally untrue. We have removed the maps because they provided no utility when compared to other maps. Hence we planned to launch them at a later stage and make the bosses in the maps drop items based on new implementations in the game. Most importantly, since we had implemented Proxima 1x system, we had to take the maps offline to rework them according to 1x configurations. It's not an issue with server load or anything as such.
Scar I might be a bit off target but I got the notion that more maps will not be added post - your post back in 2009 with reference to Grinta maps which we used to entire via Sky Garden back then.
Having said that a decade has passed, hence requesting you to open more RBs and ESS lvls to increase stats. With a hope that somewhere in the near future we might see the next episodes and experience the game in its full glory. Introducing Uniq sets + UNiq Weapons would be fun as well. On that note a silly question - Uniq sets for Mage - Archer and HK are based on their G8 counterparts but for Warrior, uniq armor is based on G9 Wolfreck set - Why?

Lastly, get new Moderators to create / Manage FB pages, social engineering is the need of the hour. We could have got in so many new/ old players in the game only if the FB page and email handling teams were more effective. People were literally sitting and home and getting bored after a while and to indulge such people would have been an excellent idea. (When I say emails I am referring to sending emails to old folks to join back and a bit more prompt response to the emails sent.) - I understand that these are not college days where we could spend hrs and hrs on PC as we have real lives to manage. But that's when you can use some helping hands. You might be surprised to find volunteers who would like to help with ideas or assist in any way that your team finds fit. Conduct interviews calibrate them. I know you have a wonderful team back there. But as the old saying goes "ek se bhale doo aur doo se bhale teen."

A little bit of work on the website would go a long way. Hall of fame's was the most attractive thing in the past to keep track of things as who pked max players from opposing town - mercy lvls.
Counter such as the Leader board on PK on an all-time basis and monthly basis can be maintained. Where the winner might receive a gift or anything the GMs deem fit. The richest player in the game based on the stuff he or she has @ NPC OR based on Wzz / Gold present in the char invt. Something that will allow other players to have a goal to reach or at least to make a goal in the game. Which would be applicable to all people i.e. Bossing /PK / AFK SR / AFK Town.

Giving 1 HP / MP candy to all participants post any event. Something we used to do back in time i.e. gathers around KS post-event and gathers near the center of NC (if your town won) to get gifts.
Attachments
Scar.PNG
Scar.PNG (86.36 KiB) Viewed 5337 times
IGN - Dumbeldore.
[GM]Scar
A3 Game Developer
A3 Game Developer

Post by [GM]Scar »

Dumbeldore wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:40 pm Scar I might be a bit off target but I got the notion that more maps will not be added post - your post back in 2009 with reference to Grinta maps which we used to entire via Sky Garden back then.
We implemented Grnita Park instead of full series of Grnita Heath maps with the same creeps from Grnita map for performance reasons back in the day, but there is more to it. Grnita is huge and there is no healthy creep distribution across maps. You have to travel a lot within the maze to find the best spot with adequate creeps which is way too much effort for an RB server. Looking for parties in such a maze will also be a challenge for most players.
Dumbeldore wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:40 pm Having said that a decade has passed, hence requesting you to open more RBs and ESS lvls to increase stats. With a hope that somewhere in the near future we might see the next episodes and experience the game in its full glory.
ESS levels are planned for the future but there are no solid plans for new Rebirths since most of our development is Proxima centric and there is no use of having extra stats in Rebirth that would be useful for proxima.
Dumbeldore wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:40 pm Introducing Uniq sets + UNiq Weapons would be fun as well. On that note a silly question - Uniq sets for Mage - Archer and HK are based on their G8 counterparts but for Warrior, uniq armor is based on G9 Wolfreck set - Why?
Newer unique kits are in the pipeline and we are working out some balancing issues with regards to these kits. G8.5 Unique kit for warrior is based on Wolfreck kit only for cosmetic reasons. There are a total of 3 types of unique kits and since warrior has 3 types (Sword, Axe and Spear), it was probably a design decision by the core A3 development team.
Dumbeldore wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:40 pm Lastly, get new Moderators to create / Manage FB pages, social engineering is the need of the hour. We could have got in so many new/ old players in the game only if the FB page and email handling teams were more effective. People were literally sitting and home and getting bored after a while and to indulge such people would have been an excellent idea. (When I say emails I am referring to sending emails to old folks to join back and a bit more prompt response to the emails sent.) - I understand that these are not college days where we could spend hrs and hrs on PC as we have real lives to manage. But that's when you can use some helping hands. You might be surprised to find volunteers who would like to help with ideas or assist in any way that your team finds fit. Conduct interviews calibrate them. I know you have a wonderful team back there. But as the old saying goes "ek se bhale doo aur doo se bhale teen."
We already have functioning Facebook Pages and we generally post News/Event updates on Facebook. Emails are being handled actively too through our support system.
Dumbeldore wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:40 pm A little bit of work on the website would go a long way. Hall of fame's was the most attractive thing in the past to keep track of things as who pked max players from opposing town - mercy lvls.
Counter such as the Leader board on PK on an all-time basis and monthly basis can be maintained. Where the winner might receive a gift or anything the GMs deem fit. The richest player in the game based on the stuff he or she has @ NPC OR based on Wzz / Gold present in the char invt. Something that will allow other players to have a goal to reach or at least to make a goal in the game. Which would be applicable to all people i.e. Bossing /PK / AFK SR / AFK Town.
In the past, we had Online players, Hall of Fame and more server related information available in the website. We have removed them since our server backend was constantly evolving and it was a challenge to maintain the underlying APIs which are required for the website to communicate with the game servers. We have had a lot of architectural changes in the server and websites are now hosted on dedicated infrastructure which have only a little interaction with the actual game. If there is a lot of integration of the website with game elements, then it will make it harder to maintain the website and there are certain security aspects with regards to linking websites with the core game.
Dumbeldore wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:40 pm Giving 1 HP / MP candy to all participants post any event. Something we used to do back in time i.e. gathers around KS post-event and gathers near the center of NC (if your town won) to get gifts.
We used to have Gift distribution in the past, but we can only mass gift common and less valuable items. It's not very lucrative for most players and hence we don't generally make it a point to handle out rewards. We will see if we can implement an automated system that could hand out gifts based on participation.
Regards,
[GM]Scar
A3 Mania Server Dev.