Game Updates

Post by [GM]Olly »

[GM]Olly
A3 Game Developer
A3 Game Developer

Re: Game Updates

Post by [GM]Olly »

Hello Maniacs.

I am a new development GM who is working on the server updates. I am a C++ coder and I am happy to join the team to carry out development tasks. The current update includes 80% code cleanups which has been done over the years to make it easier to manage and launch new updates. I will not be much active in the game but I will keep checking forums and keep fixing bugs as I encounter them in the test servers and also the forums whoever make posts to report bugs.

Also, I am not officially employed at A3 Mania and I am available for hire for any a3 related works (mostly server side edits/updates). If you want to hire me on freelance basis, please send me a pm message so I can share my contact details.
[GM]Olly
A3 Game Developer
A3 Game Developer

Post by [GM]Olly »

Character Stats Changes

The character stats are divided into 2 sections. The stats highlighted in Yellow are Primary Stats and the stats that are highlighted in Blue are Secondary Stats.

With the latest update, Primary Stats can only be acquired from Skill Points that you gain for each level up and Rebirth. This was done to ensure stats consistency across multiple characters for more balanced gameplay.

Items options (Grade 10 Kit options, Grade 8 Unique Kit options, etc) will only modify your Secondary Stats.
[GM]Olly
A3 Game Developer
A3 Game Developer

Post by [GM]Olly »

Item Quick Buy

You can now Quick buy Larcs in multiple quantities if you have empty storage box available or an existing storage box with empty space of the same item that you are buying. You no longer have to buy 1 item each and store them in the box. You can buy a maximum of 300 items at a time.

Quick Buy currently applies to the following items:
  • All Larcs
  • Feullumerr
  • Sus
  • Asus
  • Milarc
[GM]Olly
A3 Game Developer
A3 Game Developer

Post by [GM]Olly »

Character Stats Adjustment

You can now quickly adjust your stats without having to manually add points 1 by 1. You can remove stats in bulk or add stats in bulk. Note that you will require sufficient lore to remove your points or you will be limited by the maximum number of points that you can remove.

To reduce points, you will have to make sure that you are not limited by the Character minimum stats as per level or the items that have been equipped.

You can also quickly adjust your Mercenary stats the same way you adjust your character stats.
[GM]Olly
A3 Game Developer
A3 Game Developer

Post by [GM]Olly »

Item Option Changes

The following changes have been made to item options with regards to the Character Stats changes.
  • Redyan's Necklace now provides 10% increase in Experience instead of 10% increase in Base Attack Damage.
  • Redyan's Ring, Kwaon's Ring, Billmade's Ring, Sirrd's Ring now provide 320, 240, 180, 120 increase in Maximum HP Bar instead of 32, 24, 18, 12 Vitality increase.
  • Grade 8 unique kit now provides +100 increase to secondary stats instead of +100 increase to primary stats.
  • Grade 10 set now provides increase in Defense instead of increase in Dexterity.
[GM]Olly
A3 Game Developer
A3 Game Developer

Post by [GM]Olly »

God Larc Changes

God Larcs have a usage level requirement and a re-use cooldown of 8 minutes.

Sprint Potion
Level: 100
Increases movement speed for 4 minutes
Cooldown: 8 minutes
Price: 5 Mark of Rubal (Premium Item) ~ Available as a Stack of 5

Rubal's Elixir
Grants special abilities based on character class. Lasts 4 minutes.
Price: 1 Mark of Rubal (Premium Item)

Void Stone
Reduces Cooldown of Skills when used. Lasts 4 minutes.
Price: 1 Mark of Rubal (Premium Item)
[GM]Olly
A3 Game Developer
A3 Game Developer

Post by [GM]Olly »

Mercenary Changes

The following changes are made to mercenaries.
  • Mercenaries now take advantage of Redyan's Necklace options. You can get extra Mercenary experience if you have Redyan's Necklace equipped on your mercenary.
  • Mercenaries will benefit from Grade 10 set options.
  • Mercenaries will benefit from Grade 8 Unique set options.
[GM]Olly
A3 Game Developer
A3 Game Developer

Post by [GM]Olly »

Bossing Changes

The following changes are carried out to Bosses.
  • Ishida, Di Ishida and Arr Ishida will now spawn at random time of the day.
  • Thrymjgor spawn time has been increased.
  • Ranias, Ishida bosses and Thrymjgor will now show a global notification with current Health of the boss to all the players to indicate their presence.
Ishida boss drop system has received a major rework. You will now need atleast 3 inventory slots free to be eligible to receive boss drops.
[GM]Olly
A3 Game Developer
A3 Game Developer

Post by [GM]Olly »

Mania+ Subscription

We have added a new subscription based system called Mania+

You will receive the following benefits.
  • Exclusive Sky Ring maps for Mercenary Leveling
  • Exclusive access to special bossing maps for making woonz.
  • Access to exclusives.
More details will be provided soon. We are still testing out the system and we will launch the same in few weeks. Suggestions for inclusions are welcome.
[GM]Olly
A3 Game Developer
A3 Game Developer

Post by [GM]Olly »

Monument of Tribute

We have upgraded our Tribute Monument to Symbolize the fight against the COVID-19 virus. We thank Maniacs for staying at home and playing the game.

Please excuse the low resolution render. I was unable to get Autodesk Maya properly render the model. Sorry. :(
[GM]Olly
A3 Game Developer
A3 Game Developer

Post by [GM]Olly »

Misc Changes
  • Reduce data usage when Redyan's Necklace is equipped on the player and the mercenary.
  • Arena is currently down for maintenance will be offline until further notice.

Coming Soon

Proxima Changes
Proxima will have separate Passive Points and Passive skills which can be configured different from the Normal ones. Your character will have 2 sets of passives just like 2 sets of stats.

Mercenary Changes
Mercenaries will have separate 1x stats for Proxima just like character stats.